Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Racial Woes


Forgive the pun in the title, but it's pretty apropos in this case.

I'm stuck on the race issue again. In spite of my penchant for rolling gnomes, I decided on the human for the race of my death knight. The human was the tank race of choice in the alliance due to their expertise bonuses to maces and swords. The other racial bonuses were nice as well, but the main draw was, again, their expertise. Add in the new "Every Man For Himself" racial which essentially duplicates the effect of the pvp trinket, and it all but locked the choice for me.

And then I made the mistake of reading about the viability of the night elf "Quickness" racial, which increases the death knight's chance to be missed by 2%. This minor trait scales very well with avoidance (the basis behind death knight tanking), and is another form of damage mitigation completely immune to diminishing returns.

As it stands now, the night elf is the race of choice for any min/max'ing tank it seems..... and since I'm rolling the character to do nothing but tank, it would stand to reason this would be the best choice.

But I'd have to play as a night elf, along with the unwashed huntar(d) masses.

No comments: